The “Alola Foundation” was established in 2001 by Mrs. Kirsty Sword Gusmao, the former First Lady of Timor-Leste. Alola is a non government organization, operating in Timor Leste to improve the lives of women and children. The organization seeks to nurture women leaders and advocate for the rights of women, our motto is “Strong Women, Strong Nation” and has programs in Maternal & Child Health, Advocacy, Education and Economic Development. Alola Foundation is led by a Board of Management and currently moving towards a management team that is entirely Timorese led.
Currently we are looking for national qualified person to fill the following position as: IT OFFICER
The position is full-time position and will be based Dili, Timor-Leste, open to citizens or permanent residents of Timor-Leste to apply. The IT Officer will work with an Office Manager, to coordinate Alola’s Office Support programs.
The ideal applicant will be a have tertiary qualifications in IT field, relevant experience in Maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance and provide insight when opting for applications to be used by IPG, and above average in oral and written English.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide installation, configuration and maintenance of all computer equipment classified as:
- Stand alone personal computers;
- All computer peripherals, printers, UPS’s, switch, router, and any other hardware machinery directly involved in the network configuration;
- LAN/WAN infrastructure, physical virtual computer server and desktops;
- Management of the Local Area Network in line with IT policies, standards and procedures.
- Monitoring the performance of the whole network and to troubleshoot all areas including cables, and other media linked to the network configuration.
- Undertake regular technical test, software upgrades/updates including antivirus.
- Performing system backups and recovery.
- Service, repair, clean-up and upgrade of the IT and communication equipment
- Advice on purchase and installation on hardware and software.
- Perform test and installation of “Windows” software on servers and all new computers. Also assist in delivery of in-house computer training.
- Plan, install and maintain all IT systems including PABX Phone
- Identifies systems errors and recommends system modifications.
- Explains the capabilities and limitations of computing to users with no technical background.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by Logistic Coordinator.
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional working experience in maintenance and servicing of computer networks and IT equipment.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) or CISCO Networking Certified Engineer is desirable.
- Technical expertise in OSI Model, Ethernet networks configuration, TCP/IP, IP addressing, and structured cabling skills.
- Working knowledge of client server, Windows Server administration, and install and configure Microtik or other equipment firewalls.
The IT Officer report will be report to the Alola Foundation Office Manager.
Please submit your applications with curriculum vitae, a list of references and other relevant supporting documents (including academic qualifications) to Human Resources Coordinator at Alola Foundation Office at Avenida Bispo de Medeiros, Mascarenhas-Dili, Timor-Leste
For further information please contact : (+670) 332 3855 or write via e-mail to Acting Human Resources Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm 25th September 2019.
Shortlist candidate only will be contacted to interview process.