TECHNICAL OFFICER (TO) - EDUCATION PROGRAM
The “Alola Foundation” is a non government organization, operating in Timor Leste to improve the lives of women and children. The organization seeks to nurture women leaders and advocate for the rights of women, our motto is “Strong Women, Strong Nation” and we have programs in Maternal & Child Health, Advocacy, Education and Economic Development. Alola Foundation is led by a Board of Management and currently moving towards a management team that is entirely Timorese led.
Currently we are looking for Timorese qualified persons to fill the following positions as;
TECHNICAL OFFICER, EDUCATION PROGRAM, FUNDASAUN ALOLA,
to improve quality of freedom and access to education and the Technical officer for Education will be responsible for providing technical support and coordination in all aspects teachers training program within Alola Education program. The technical officer will support and supervise the implementation of Alola Education program especially in Aileu and Manufahi in close coordinating with ALMA team.
The technical officer will support, consult and coordinate with PHD education team in all aspects of Aileu and Manufahi Local mentors work; as well as the extended PHD education activities in the identified municipalities are continued and sustained.
The Technical officer will work closely with PHD Education team in coordinating and facilitating the training via face to face or online through JITSI application to school leaders in the identified municipalities.
Key Competencies Required:
- Support the PHD Education program team and partners in all aspects of work including implementation of the new curriculum and associated Leadership / Mentoring Programs components.
- Coordinate with all PHD Education team including, ICT team, Inclusive Education Program Officer and M&E officer.at relevant levels of the education system to bring together program activities planning and implementation; such as field trip plans, monthly meetings, trainings, data collection, reporting and any tablets problems.
- Coordinate and liaise with the PHD Education team including providing leadership training, mentors induction training and planning for school-based mentoring support and Grupo Trabalho dos Profesores (GTPs).
- Coordinate with PHD Education to undertake school-based mentoring activities and supporting Mentors by providing advice, capacity building, problem-solving and providing logistical and administrative support. Supporting Mentors through implementation tasks of assisting school leaders and educators to implement the new curriculum, build their leadership skills and complete particular tasks set during the Leadership Program. The role may also involve undertaking some of the duties of mentors where necessary.
- Manage all local mentors in identified municipalities in close coordination with PHD Education team and MoEYS on the day to day activities.
- Coordinate monthly mentor meetings to develop progress reports, and support mentors to maintain ongoing communication using a collaborative process in celebrating successes and in overcoming challenges.
- Work closely with PHD Education team to oversee the management of the mentor positions, such matters such as timesheets, leave applications etc.
- Coordinate regular monthly meeting with the Municipal Director of Education to provide updates on activities and problem-solve issues.
- In conjunction with the PHD Education team and partners collect and collate quality data from review processes; working with Mentors and school leaders to:
- Collect data for monitoring purposes;
- Establish baseline data for each school about student learning and teacher classroom skills;
- Support observations and classroom demonstrations.
- Ensure Grupo Trabalho do Profesor (GTP) and Grupo Trabalho do Lider (GTL) are conducted accordingly.
- Bachelor and/or postgraduate degree in education, preferably in basic education.
- Relevant work experience in the international or development sector, preferably at minimum of five years.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships with a range of stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated experience in high quality and extensive classroom teaching in child-centred and active learning principles.
- Demonstrated success supporting quality education initiatives in basic education schools in Timor-Leste.
- Leadership experience in schools and/or education context and other relevant environments with a good understanding of strategies which will support successful professional learning processes.
- Project management experience, including preparing and monitoring work plans, financial management with proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in English, Tetum, Bahasa Indonesian and/or Portuguese is highly preferred.
- A preparedness to work with limited resources within a challenging environment.
- Willingness to travel in regional locations.
How to Apply:
Please submit your applications with curriculum vitae only with two references and not allowed to attach other documents, before April,7, 2021 to Human Resource (HR) Coordinator, Fundasaun Alola, through via email: email@example.com (Online application)
Noted: Only shortlisted will be directly contacted for the interview.
For a copy of the job descriptions, please Email:
(Human Resources Coordinator)
Applications close 5pm 07th April 2021.
Strong Women Strong Nation – Feto forte Nasaun Forte – Mulheres Forte Nação Fórte
The Education Program aims to improve quality and access to education in Timor Leste. In 2018, Education program continues providing scholarship support to students at primary, secondary school and university; providing support to primary school leaders and teachers through a professional learning and mentoring project; Promoting the importance of reading within the community as whole and increasing children’s interest and ability; and Expanding opportunities for early education through the Alternative Preschool (Home-based and Centre-based) in Viqueque and Ermera
During the implementation of its activities Education Program continued engaging and collaborate with the Ministry of Education, relevant stakeholders, teachers, communities, children and students to achieved the objective of the program.
How Alola is currently supporting new mothers and families through the COVID-19 crisis.
Alola's CEO on #WOWGlobal24 - Timorese women on COVID-19.
FILMAJEN: ALOLA FORNESE TANKI BEE FASE-LIMAN BA SENTRU SAUDE BAZARTETE.
Fundasaun Alola Apoiu Nesesidades Bazika Ba Familia Uma Kain 20
Asaun Karidade Alola Ba Feto Funeravel
Totaling 240 packages has been distributed to 240 families in 2020 and prioritized for disadvantaged families, disabilities, and victims of gender based violence.
This socialization also to strengthen the SHIO groups (Village Love Mother and Child Group) on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19
Collaborates with community radio, Alola share messages about how to prevent COVID-19 in local languages that are easily understood.
Various internal organizational actions are implemented to ensure community service through 4 main programs continues since the outbreak of the COVID-19 appeared
Sosializasaun medidas prevensaun COVID-19 iha lian lokál - transmiti liu husi Radio Komunidade :