The “Alola Foundation” is a non government organization, operating in Timor Leste to improve the lives of women and children. The organization seeks to nurture women leaders and advocate for the rights of women, our motto is “Strong Women, Strong Nation” and we have programs in Maternal & Child Health, Advocacy, Education and Economic Development. Alola Foundation is led by a Board of Management and currently moving towards a management team that is entirely Timorese led.
Currently we are looking for qualified persons to fill the following positions as:
FINANCE MANAGER OF FUNDASAUN ALOLA
to maintain accurate financial control and accountability of all funds handled by Fundasaun Alola Financial procedures and Support the entire program in Fundasaun Alola through effective and efficient Finance Management to achieve the project and programs goals. The Finance Manager primary role is to ensure the smooth operation of Fundasaun Alola and responsibilities include donor report preparation for each of the Fundasaun Alola projects and programs as well reports to the Board treasurer for presentation to the Fundasaun Alola Board.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Ensure the appropriate finance systems are maintained and that all procedures and control are implemented;
- Ensure that the all transactions are properly documented and accounted for;
- Assist coordinators/consultants to maintain accurate financial records of project funds;
- Manage bank account, including the transfer of funds between donors and Fundasaun Alola;
- Monitor cash flow and ensure that sufficient funds are available to cover Fundasaun Alola core costs and on going project activities;
- Ensure that all authorized payments, including salaries, are made in an accurate and timely manner;
- Monitoring the funding situation and ensure the preparation of the funding grid at the end of each month, ensuring that the project managers are informed of current status of all project funds;
- Ensure that financial reports for all donors are prepared in a timely manner and according to agree upon schedule of reporting;
- Work with the Human Resource Coordinator to assist with the recruitment of project staff, their orientation and 6 monthly appraisals of their work performance;
- Prepare financial reports Internal and donor as required;
- Prepare monthly financial accounting reports for each project for Fundasaun Alola and submit to the Executive committee and project managers by the 10th of following month;
- Prepare management reports for Fundasaun Alola Board of Directors;
- Grant and budget management;
- Provide any other financial information as requested and respond to any other financial enquires;
- Prepare document and assists with all audit;
- Participate in Management team meetings and strategic planning as required;
- Liaise with treasurer and /or secretary of the board of directors for the scheduling of the annual audit;
- Supervise other finance department staff;
- Prepare Finance Quarterly Report and submit to CEO;
- Prepare all accounts reconciliation and annual financial closure for end of the fiscal accounting year;
- Supervise finance of Alola Esperansa.
- BA degree in accounting, finance, economics or related field;
- 5+ years related work experience;
- Outstanding financial and analytical skills;
- Proficient computer skills especially with MS Office Excel and MYOB Accounting;
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written in English;
- Strong interpersonal communication skill and ability to work and communicate with employees at all level;
- Strong management skill to include task and time management;
- Experience in managing and leading a small and large team;
- Good capacity and knowledge on decision making and leadership (Collects and structures the available data impacting the project, Makes timely decisions based on facts, circumstances, and finance needs);
- Able to meet deadline.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your applications with curriculum vitae with two references and other relevant supporting documents (including academic qualifications) before August 17th 2022 to Human Resource Coordinator, Fundasaun Alola Office at Avenida Bispo de Medeiros, Mascarenhas-Dili, Timor-Leste (Infront of the Policy Military Headquarter).
Noted: Only Shortlisted will be directly contacted for the interview.
For a copy of the Job descriptions, please Email:
(Human Resources Coordinator) email@example.com
This Application close 5pm, August 17th 2022.