ALOLA ESPERANSA is looking for a manager to oversee all staff, budget and operations of Alola Esperansa, a small social enterprise in Dili that includes a production centre.
The Manager responsibilities include formulating overall strategy, managing people, establishing policies and overseeing the production centre. To be successful in this role, you should be a thoughtful leader, and a confident decision-maker, helping our people develop and be productive, while ensuring our overall organizational goals are met or exceeded.
- Oversee day-to-day operations in retail and production;
- Design strategy and set goals for business growth;
- Prepare and maintain budgets and optimize expenses;
- Review and set policies and processes for continuous improvement in both retail and production;
- Drive and monitor stock management both in retail and production;
- Identify problems and provide innovative solutions focused on growth and achieving positive results (e.g., profit decline, employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors);
- Drive collaboration within the cross functional teams on lessons learnt and best practices in order to continually change and improve the business and production model
- Work with the production team to review current designs and renew designs according to current market needs and trends
- Collaborate with the Fundasaun Alola (FA) Economic Empowerment Team to identify training and support needs for partner Producer Groups;
- Create and monitor database for Producer Groups, local and international business partners;
- Monitor progress and measure all key marketing campaigns through regular pipeline inspection and tracking. Create and manage a monthly marketing dashboard that tracks effectiveness and marketing spend on campaigns and pipelines;
- Implement and drive monthly market research on customer needs and available products, identifying potential local and international opportunities;
- Create healthy work culture and environment to ensure employees work productively and develop professionally;
- Oversee recruitment and training of new employees;
- Drive and monitor employee assessment process and results;
- Identify and train potential candidates for leadership roles;
- Prepare monthly reports for business and required reports for Alola Foundation Board.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree or equivalent in Business or relevant field;
- Be able to lead, coach, motivate and empower cross functional teams;
- Ability to work successfully in an ever-changing competitive environment with competing priorities;
- Strong analytical ability to identify, implement and drive customer-based solutions;
- Excellent personal and interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal, with fluency in English, Tetum and Portuguese;
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure success of short and long-term organizational goals;
- Self-motivated, innovative with a growth mindset.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of basic business and production processes and functions.
Women are encourage to apply, please submit your applications with curriculum vitae a list have two references and other relevant supporting documents (including academic qualifications) to Alola Foundation Office at Avenida Bispo de Medeiros, Mascarenhas – Dili, Timor-Leste
For a copy of the Job descriptions, Please Email:
(Human Resources Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm 12th May 2022