The “Alola Foundation” was established in 2001 by Mrs. Kirsty Sword Gusmao, AO the former First Lady of Timor-Leste. Alola is a non government organization, operating in Timor Leste to improve the lives of women and children. The organization seeks to nurture women leaders and advocate for the rights of women, our motto is “Strong Women, Strong Nation” and has programs in Maternal & Child Health, Advocacy, Education and Economic Development. Alola Foundation is led by a Board of Management and currently moving towards a management team that is entirely Timorese led.
Currently we are looking for qualified persons to fill the following positions as:
IT COORDINATOR OF FUNDASAUN ALOLA
The position is a full-time position and will be based in Dili, Timor-Leste. This position has responsibility for maintaining the computer environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitors network performance and provides insight when selecting applications to be used by Alola Foundation Dili Timor-Leste.
The ideal applicant will be a have tertiary qualifications in IT field, relevant experience in Maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance and provide insight when opting for applications to be used by IPG, and above average in oral and written English.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide installation, configuration and maintenance of all computer equipment classified as:
- Stand alone personal computers;
- All computer peripherals, printers, UPS’s, Switch, Router, IP Phone and any other hardware machinery directly involved in the network configuration;
- LAN/WAN infrastructure, physical virtual computer server and desktops;
- Management of the Local Area Network in line with IT policies, standards and procedures.
- Monitoring the performance of the whole network and to troubleshoot all areas including cables, and other media linked to the network configuration.
- Undertake regular technical test, software upgrades/updates including antivirus.
- Performing system backups and recovery.
- Service, repair, clean-up and upgrade of the IT and communication equipment
- Advice on purchase and installation on hardware and software.
- Perform test and installation of “Windows” software on servers and all new computers. Also assist in delivery of in-house computer training.
- Plan, install and maintain all IT systems.
- Identifies systems errors and recommends system modifications.
- Explains the capabilities and limitations of computing to users with no technical background.
- Configure & troubleshoot users email address.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by Office Manager or CEO .
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional working experience in maintenance and servicing of computer networks and IT equipment.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) or CISCO Networking Certified Engineer is desirable.
- Technical expertise in OSI Model, Ethernet networks configuration, TCP/IP, IP addressing, and structured cabling skills.
- Working knowledge of client server, Virtual Machine VMware and VM Host Server Windows Server administration, and install and configure Mikrotik Router & firewalls.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Network Administrator
- Network maintenance and problem solving.
- Troubleshooting electrical, software, and network issues.
- Monitoring usage to determine access security.
- Previous experience of working in a help desk role.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology.
- Building, configuring and maintaining Linux & Windows servers.
- Ability of configuration and troubleshooting Server Virtualization
- Experience with backup software such as Backup Exec and Net Backup.
- Installing rack mounted equipment.
- Having a security mind set.
- Can work comfortably within a deadline driven environment.
- Performing well in stressful situations.
- Able to follow directions and work independently.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
- IT Coordinator
- Staff member
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your applications with Curriculum Vitae (CV) with two (2) references and other
relevant supporting documents (including academic qualifications) before 25th October 2023 to Human Resource Coordinator, Fundasaun Alola Main-Office at Avenida Bispo de Medeiros, Mascarenhas-Dili, Timor-Leste (Infront of the Policy Military Office).
Noted: Only Shortlisted will be directly contacted for the interview.
For further information regarding this position, please contact us at (+670) 3323855
This applications close 5pm 25th October 2023.