The “Alola Foundation” is a non government organization, operating in Timor Leste to improve the lives of women and children. The organization seeks to nurture women leaders and advocate for the rights of women, our motto is “Strong Women, Strong Nation” and we have programs in Maternal & Child Health, Advocacy, Education and Economic Development. Alola Foundation is led by a Board of Management and currently moving towards a management team that is entirely Timorese led.
Currently we are looking for Timorese qualified persons to fill the following positions as:
ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM MANAGER, FUNDASAUN ALOLA, to to strengthen women’s economic participation and this is achieved through focusing on three objectives:
- Improving the status of women in enterprise;
- Increasing income generating opportunities; and
- Promoting economic independence for women.
- Develop and update the Economic Empowerment Program Strategic Plan in consultation with stakeholders, and lead its implementation.
- Lead the process for implementation of the Economic Empowerment Program Strategic Plan, including regular consultation with stakeholders.
- Develop budgets for each subprogram and prepared general budget in the Economic Empowerment Program annually
- Identify sources of funding for the Economic Empowerment Program
- Undertake project design develop project proposal, budgets planning, on time and to the standard required by the donor
- Ensure compliance with the Fundasaun Alola reporting procedures, financial grant requirements and agreements
- Manage the implementation of each subprogram, regular monitoring of implementation and evaluation.
- Ensure the selection and management staffs of Economic Empowerment program are compliance with Alola Policies and Procedures.
- Represent the Fundasaun Alola in external coordination meetings, working groups, functions and events held by government, local and international NGOs, and UN agencies
- As a member of the Fundasaun Alola management team, team to support the achievement of the Fundasaun Alola strategic objective to empower women in Timor-Leste
- Represent Fundasaun Alola in supporting REDE Feto on CEDAW Shadow Report Writing in coordination with Advocacy program manager and CEO
- Prepare reports as required, including narrative and financial reports in on time.
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer with preparation of the Annual Report.
- Participate in Management team meetings and strategic planning as required.
- Facilitate weekly Economic Empowerment Program meetings.
- Maintain an electronic file management system and database
- Other duties as directed by the Chief Executive Officer.
Key Competencies Required:
- Minimal two or tree years of experience in the area of Economic Empowerment program in National or international NGO.
- Proficiency in English language, both verbal and written.
- Fluently in Tetum and Indonesia
- Ability to design proposal, lobbying donor, budgeting and report writing
- Strong interpersonal communication skill and ability to work and communicate with employees at all level.
- Strong Organizational and management skill to include task and time management.
- Experience in managing and leading a small and large team
- Good capacity and knowledge on decision making and leadership (Collects and structures the available data impacting the project, Makes timely decisions based on facts, circumstances, and needs)
How to Apply:
Please submit your applications with curriculum vitae with two references and other relevant supporting documents (including academic qualifications) before January 10th, 2023 to Human Resource Coordinator, Alola Foundation Office at Avenida Bispo de Medeiros, Mascarenhas-Dili, Timor-Leste (Infront of the Policy Military Office).
Noted: Only Shortlisted will be directly contacted for the interview.
For a copy of the Job descriptions, Please Email:
(Human Resources Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm January 10th 2023.